Clubwoman Writing Contest 2017
EXPRESS YOURSELF CREATIVELY
The GFWC Writing Contests seek to provide an avenue for GFWC members to freely express themselves and draw upon their experiences through writing.
These submissions illustrate the talent of GFWC members and are a reflection of our communities.
GFWC offers short story and poetry contests for members and youth in the communities GFWC serves.
GFWC MEMBER CONTESTS
• Authors must be dues-paying members of an active GFWC club.
• Entries must be typed, double-spaced, printed on one side only, with minimum margins of one-inch on all four sides, on 8.5 x 11-inch paper.
• Entries must be written during the contest year (January 1-December 31).
• Entries must have the following on the top right hand corner of each page: – Author’s name, email address, mailing address, and phone number – Name of author’s GFWC club and state federation – Category – Title of work
• Authors must be amateurs; earnings from writing may not exceed $500 annually.
• Entries may not have been published prior to the competition and must be original works by the author.
• A signed GFWC Creative Arts Waiver must be included with each submission. • Short stories are limited to 2,000 words.
• Poetry entries can be any style, with a minimum length of eight lines and a maximum of 50 lines.
• One entry per member per category
Please email your entry to email@example.com along with the signed GFWC Creative Arts Waiver before November 26,2017 or mail your entry with the GFWC Creative Arts Waiver postmarked November 26th, 2017 or before to:
GFWC Woman's Club of Hendersonville
Attn: Arts Committee
P.O. Box 813
Hendersonville, TN 37077
CLARIFICATIONS AND FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
• Manuscripts will not be returned. Authors should keep a copy.
• By submitting your short story or poem to GFWC, you are providing GFWC with royalty-free perpetual license to use, reproduce, post, display, create derivative works, sell, license the work in any media known or later invented without limitation, for commercial or non-commercial purposes.
• A completed and signed GFWC Creative Arts Waiver must be submitted with each entry.
Please download the Creative Arts Waiver below & include a signed copy with each entry.